Re: EC-1118 storage

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      Way to go Bill,

      "Active Dry Yeast in vacuum packages or nitrogen-flushed envelopes
      should be stored under refrigeration to extend shelf life. While it
      is OK to store at room temperature, remember that time, temperature,
      and oxygen contact are the killers of packaged yeast. Store at room
      temps only if you are positive of the young age of the product. Do
      not freeze."

      Kevin Harrity
      Red Star Yeast
      Oakland, CA

      Unless you keep your AC on year around, and your house temp averages
      around 40F, then keep it in the refridge -not below 32F (around 40 F
      is good).

      Vino etc etc.
      Jim.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "daddyman00126"
      <daddyman00126@...> wrote:

      > Hello folks. I just got my first batch of EC-1118. I got 11 packets
      of
      > 5mg each. I will be using one tonight. But now comes the question
      of
      > storage.
      >
      > Would you store the rest of the packets in the fridge or just in a
      cool
      > dry place? I live in Texas and finding a cool dry place during the
      > summer months may be hard to do.
      >
      > Any suggestions would be helpful.
      >
      > The best for last
      > BILL1BURP

    • daddyman00126
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
        Thanks Jim. Once again young grasshopper has learned from master.

        The best for last
        BILL1BURP