Re: For Jameson Beam NU SALT

  • stavjen76
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      Don't even bother with the nusalt. It costs a couple of dollars for
      a few ounces of the stuff, a total waste of money. You can buy the
      same thing as potassium chloride pellets. I bought a sixty pound bag
      for roughly eight bucks. It is used as water softener tablets. It
      is better than nusalt as it contains no sodium, only KCL. Sodium
      slows yeast metabolism. I usually throw a large tablet in a five
      gallon wash. Each bag contains several hundred tablets. A sixty
      pound bag could fulfill most home distillers needs for years, for
      only pennies per

      This may be off topic but concerning your wash, I too had always
      used epsom salts in my wash, but ran out and did a few without. I
      realized there was no difference in fermentation time w/o the salts,
      and the wash didn't smell as bad. I thought it was a fluke and
      actually did side by side fermentations and the results were the
      same again. Has anyone seen similar results? I think the vitamin I
      throw in the wash provides enough magnesium where the salts are not