Re: [new_distillers] still?

  • leeham collins
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2000
      use a pressure cooker and a piece of bent copper pipe with a plastic (thin)
      hose
      wraped around it for the water jacket

      or the old wok in the tiop of the old pot trick (very bad still i think)

      or go down to your local retailer and use a 15 liter stock pot and bent
      copper pipe heated on the stove inside

      i reckon i could build a not bad pot still for 30 australian dollars
      (just like my first one (hehehe))

      ----------
      > From: mastat04@...
      > To: new_distillers@egroups.com
      > Subject: [new_distillers] still?
      > Date: Thursday, November 30, 2000 5:33

      I was wondering if anyone knew of a still that could be constructed from
      household materials, or knew of somewhere that sold real cheap stills, any
      info. will be appreciated.
    • ibo_caro_1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2000
        --- In new_distillers@egroups.com, mastat04@a... wrote:
        > I was wondering if anyone knew of a still that could be constructed
        from
        > household materials, or knew of somewhere that sold real cheap
        stills, any
        > info. will be appreciated.

        You can make one out of some copper tubing and a seafood stock pot...
        If you want I can send you a picture of mine that I made that way.
        It is a pot still and it isn't the fastest, but it works well. I'll
        attach it as soon as I get home.
      • mastat04@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3 6:27 PM
          yeah would u mind sending me some pics of the one you made? b/c im having
          some real problems trying to figure this thing out. thanks