still?

  • mastat04@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2000
      I was wondering if anyone knew of a still that could be constructed from
      household materials, or knew of somewhere that sold real cheap stills, any
      info. will be appreciated.
    • leeham collins
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2000
        use a pressure cooker and a piece of bent copper pipe with a plastic (thin)
        hose
        wraped around it for the water jacket

        or the old wok in the tiop of the old pot trick (very bad still i think)

        or go down to your local retailer and use a 15 liter stock pot and bent
        copper pipe heated on the stove inside

        i reckon i could build a not bad pot still for 30 australian dollars
        (just like my first one (hehehe))

        ----------

      • ibo_caro_1@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2000
          --- In new_distillers@egroups.com, mastat04@a... wrote:
          > I was wondering if anyone knew of a still that could be constructed
          from
          > household materials, or knew of somewhere that sold real cheap
          stills, any
          > info. will be appreciated.

          You can make one out of some copper tubing and a seafood stock pot...
          If you want I can send you a picture of mine that I made that way.
          It is a pot still and it isn't the fastest, but it works well. I'll
          attach it as soon as I get home.
        • mastat04@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
            yeah would u mind sending me some pics of the one you made? b/c im having
            some real problems trying to figure this thing out. thanks