Re: [new_distillers] Re: Pot or Reflux for Whiskey? Thumper???

  • Gerard Lardner
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 3, 2008
      Is there any advantage in using a column, empty or partially packed, on
      a "pot" still for whiskey and apple brandy? If so, how long a column
      would people suggest? Could a reflux column be used with some or all of
      the packing removed, and the reflux condenser closed off? Or is it
      better to forget a column of any kind for this, and stick with a very
      simple pot still?

      Gerard