Re: Suitable sink drain for bok mini

  • Larry Collins
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 7, 2008
      At 04:01 PM 01/07/2008, you wrote:

      Zinc is *not* a "heavy metal"; it's quite light actually. Also, you do
      need a little zinc in your diet (good for the "prowess", dont'cha know, like in oysters).

      Whether a metal is classed as "heavy" has nothing to do with it's relative weight.

      Copper is actually classed as a heavy metal.

      The dictionary definition is " A metal with a specific gravity greater than about 5.0"

      The specific gravity of copper is 8.96, and Zinc is 7.133.

      There's also a minute dietary requirement of copper in the human body.

      All heavy metals are poisonous to humans to varying degrees, except in trace quantities and some of them in ANY quantities, just as all alcohol is.

      It's just a matter of degree.

      You'd weigh 800 pounds, and probably be dead of mercury poisoning before you could eat enough raw oysters to give you the same amount of zinc that you can leach out of brass with hot alcohol in just a few months of regular exposure.

      Heavy Metal Poisoning is also gradual.  You don't just drink a glass of high-zinc water then keel over before nightfall.  You just get get more and more stupid and forgetful, gradually and subtly... the symptoms are almost identical to Alzheimer's, and progress at about the same speed.

      They aren't obvious until they're progressed very far, because in the first couple of years, they are also very similar to normal forgetfulness and carelessness.

      So yeah, don't take good advice when it's offered, you know better.

      Some people are just too stupid to live... so they die.  It's literally just a fact of life, happens all the time.

      Best that you step back and take a minute to wonder whether you're one of them or not.

    • bbornais
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 8, 2008
        Heavy Metal is a completely stupid term unless applied to headbanging
        rock and roll with copious amounts of thrashing.

        Bryan.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Gerard Lardner <glardner@...>

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 8, 2008
          Welp,
          As long as the brass fittings dont contain lead, i've heard of stills
          that use brass fittings. As a matter of fact some of the most
          beautiful copper / brass stills ive seen here on the internet are
          made right down south here in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas.

          They are made by Colonel Wilson and I've heard some good things about
          em. You can reach him at:

          Col. Vaughn Wilson, 7225 Chastain RD, Mulberry, AR 72947

          Phone: The Colonel at 479 414 3220 or hers 479 997 5289 8 am to 10
          pm any day.

          Or visit the Web site at:
          http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/

          and ask him about using brass fittings and if his stills are ok to
          use...

          Just wish i had the money to git me one of them beauties :):).

          Vino es Veritas,
          Jim.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@...>