Re: [new_distillers] Re: Still Design

  • PETER COLEMAN
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Jim
      Thanks for that.
      Regards
      PC

      jamesonbeam1 <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:
      Yes Peter,

      Still designs are different, depending if you want to make neutral
      alcohol (a reflux still) or flavored alcohols ie. rums, whiskeys,
      brandies etc. (a pot still) - Go to Tony's Home Distller's site:
      http://homedistille r.org/
      And read Introduction, Theory and Equipment. They have a nice
      selection of designs and description of which still to use for what.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "peter442737"
      <peter.coleman20@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
      > designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent still to
      > start out with. Any help with design will be very much appreciated.

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
        In that case I would recommend a vapor management (VM) still or a
        still using Automatic Reflux Controll (ARC) principle. Do a search
        and you should find some designs.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, PETER COLEMAN