Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [new_distillers] Re: Still Design

Expand Messages
  • PETER COLEMAN
    Hi Riku Thanks for the prompt reply. Not too sure probably neutral to start with. Regards PC abbababbaccc wrote: What is it you want
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Riku
       
      Thanks for the prompt reply.  Not too sure probably neutral to start with.
       
      Regards
      PC

      abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
      What is it you want to make with your still? Neutral spirits (vodka) or
      flavored ones (whiskey, rum etc.)? Designs differ based on their
      intended use.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "peter442737"
      <peter.coleman20@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
      > designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent still to
      > start out with. Any help with design will be very much appreciated.
      >


    • PETER COLEMAN
      Hi Mason Thanks for that. Regards PC rye_junkie wrote: I have used a simple pot still design, then modified it to a reflux with criss
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
        Hi Mason
        Thanks for that.
        Regards
        PC

        rye_junkie <rye_junkie@...> wrote:
        I have used a simple pot still design, then modified it to a reflux
        with criss cross tubes in the top of the column and have now changed
        that to a water jacket type condenser at the top of the column. All
        three of these using a liebig product condenser. Over the past few
        weeks i have collected the parts for a offset head still but yesterday
        built a taller version of a Bokakob Mini still design using slanted
        plates. This was by far the easiest yet. And can be used as both pot
        and reflux. It will probably yield better product in pot mode than
        most potstills. The hardest part is bending the tube for the
        condenser but that is more tedious than hard. you just have to be
        careful. For the plans for this still go to http://homedistiller.org/
        and go to the equipment tab then making a still then designs and plans
        then reflux still. it should be right there. How well it works, I
        don't know yet but I have read that it is a good design. It took me 5
        hours to get it together.

        Mason

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter442737"
        <peter.coleman20@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
        > designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent still to
        > start out with. Any help with design will be very much appreciated.
        >
      • PETER COLEMAN
        Hi Jim Thanks for that. Regards PC jamesonbeam1 wrote: Yes Peter, Still designs are different, depending if you want to make neutral
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi Jim
          Thanks for that.
          Regards
          PC

          jamesonbeam1 <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:
          Yes Peter,

          Still designs are different, depending if you want to make neutral
          alcohol (a reflux still) or flavored alcohols ie. rums, whiskeys,
          brandies etc. (a pot still) - Go to Tony's Home Distller's site:
          http://homedistille r.org/
          And read Introduction, Theory and Equipment. They have a nice
          selection of designs and description of which still to use for what.

          Vino es Veritas,
          Jim.

          --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "peter442737"
          <peter.coleman20@ ...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
          > designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent still to
          > start out with. Any help with design will be very much appreciated.
          >


        • abbababbaccc
          In that case I would recommend a vapor management (VM) still or a still using Automatic Reflux Controll (ARC) principle. Do a search and you should find some
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
            In that case I would recommend a vapor management (VM) still or a
            still using Automatic Reflux Controll (ARC) principle. Do a search
            and you should find some designs.

            Cheers, Riku

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, PETER COLEMAN
            <peter.coleman20@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi Riku
            >
            > Thanks for the prompt reply. Not too sure probably neutral to
            start with.
            >
            > Regards
            > PC
            >
            > abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
            > What is it you want to make with your still? Neutral
            spirits (vodka) or
            > flavored ones (whiskey, rum etc.)? Designs differ based on their
            > intended use.
            >
            > Cheers, Riku
            >
            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter442737"
            > <peter.coleman20@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
            > > designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent
            still to
            > > start out with. Any help with design will be very much
            appreciated.
            > >
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.