Re: [new_distillers] Still Design

  • Benjamin Domingo Bof
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
      Peter, in this site in portuguese you find info about ethanol small scale production in Brazil
      Regards,Benjamin

      peter442737 <peter.coleman20@...> escribió:
      Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
      designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent still to
      start out with. Any help with design will be very much appreciated.

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle. Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa.
      Visitá www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar

    • PETER COLEMAN
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
        Hi Riku

        Thanks for the prompt reply.  Not too sure probably neutral to start with.

        Regards
        PC

        abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
        What is it you want to make with your still? Neutral spirits (vodka) or
        flavored ones (whiskey, rum etc.)? Designs differ based on their
        intended use.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "peter442737"

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi Mason
          Thanks for that.
          Regards
          PC

          rye_junkie <rye_junkie@...> wrote:
          I have used a simple pot still design, then modified it to a reflux
          with criss cross tubes in the top of the column and have now changed
          that to a water jacket type condenser at the top of the column. All
          three of these using a liebig product condenser. Over the past few
          weeks i have collected the parts for a offset head still but yesterday
          built a taller version of a Bokakob Mini still design using slanted
          plates. This was by far the easiest yet. And can be used as both pot
          and reflux. It will probably yield better product in pot mode than
          most potstills. The hardest part is bending the tube for the
          condenser but that is more tedious than hard. you just have to be
          careful. For the plans for this still go to http://homedistiller.org/
          and go to the equipment tab then making a still then designs and plans
          then reflux still. it should be right there. How well it works, I
          don't know yet but I have read that it is a good design. It took me 5
          hours to get it together.

          Mason

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
            Hi Jim
            Thanks for that.
            Regards
            PC

            jamesonbeam1 <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:
            Yes Peter,

            Still designs are different, depending if you want to make neutral
            alcohol (a reflux still) or flavored alcohols ie. rums, whiskeys,
            brandies etc. (a pot still) - Go to Tony's Home Distller's site:
            http://homedistille r.org/
            And read Introduction, Theory and Equipment. They have a nice
            selection of designs and description of which still to use for what.

            Vino es Veritas,
            Jim.

            <peter.coleman20@ ...> wrote:

            > Hi Guys totally new to this. Read plenty and seen lots of still
            > designs. Dont want to go overboard but want a pretty decent still to
            > start out with. Any help with design will be very much appreciated.

          • abbababbaccc
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2008
              In that case I would recommend a vapor management (VM) still or a
              still using Automatic Reflux Controll (ARC) principle. Do a search
              and you should find some designs.

              Cheers, Riku

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, PETER COLEMAN