Someone asked for feedback and sorry if I should have done it sooner.
You can search the group but for a quick story ... I got blue 65%
spirit smelling ammonia from my pot still. I added some water then I
distilled the blue stuff again after and got the same result. I
posted here to know that the wash was not acid enough and corroded
the copper which made the blue ammonia smelly stuff. BTW it was
So I removed my tubing from my boiler and filled it with vinegar
blocking both end and let it stays for a while. Some nice blue stuff
came out then I rinsed it with water.
I put some lemon juice in the blue spirit and distilled it again to
get a spirit not smelling and clear. But...... I forgot about the
blue smelling tail I had put in my tail container. After two more
distillations from new wash and adding the tail to the container now
it is time to distill the tail..... BLUE SPIRIT!!!!
I was so... "huh not again !!!!!" but I knew whst I had to do. I
turned off the heat, got rid of the blue stuff (100 ml.) then put
some lemon juice in the boiler. The result was a clear not smelling
ammonia spirit that I distilled again later.
PS; Now I will use some acid blend instead of lemon juice after I was
suggested to do so because it is less costly until I get a PH