Update on my blue distillate

  • vdvdabc
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2007
      Someone asked for feedback and sorry if I should have done it sooner.
      You can search the group but for a quick story ... I got blue 65%
      spirit smelling ammonia from my pot still. I added some water then I
      distilled the blue stuff again after and got the same result. I
      posted here to know that the wash was not acid enough and corroded
      the copper which made the blue ammonia smelly stuff. BTW it was
      true. ;)))

      So I removed my tubing from my boiler and filled it with vinegar
      blocking both end and let it stays for a while. Some nice blue stuff
      came out then I rinsed it with water.

      I put some lemon juice in the blue spirit and distilled it again to
      get a spirit not smelling and clear. But...... I forgot about the
      blue smelling tail I had put in my tail container. After two more
      distillations from new wash and adding the tail to the container now
      it is time to distill the tail..... BLUE SPIRIT!!!!

      I was so... "huh not again !!!!!" but I knew whst I had to do. I
      turned off the heat, got rid of the blue stuff (100 ml.) then put
      some lemon juice in the boiler. The result was a clear not smelling
      ammonia spirit that I distilled again later.

      PS; Now I will use some acid blend instead of lemon juice after I was
      suggested to do so because it is less costly until I get a PH
      measuring tool.

      Pin