Re: What The....

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
      Hi Cal,

      First off you cannot use an alcoholometer (called a proof hydrometer)
      to test a wash, mash etc.

      They are only ment to test an alcohol / water solution / distillation
      (ie. after distilling). It just dont read right.

      Second you have to relize Turbo yeasts ferment almost 2x as fast as
      regular yeasts. So whether or not it was "stuck" you could have
      determined by taste or used a regular wine/beer hydrometer.

      Proper way to do it is to take the starting SG. then then Ending SG on
      a wine hydrometer and subtract. This would give a rough idea of the
      abv of you wash/mash.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "calebmistnmit"