Re: Making rum from scratch.

  • gff_stwrt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2007
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@...> wrote:

      > Procedure:
      >

      > 1) Ferment molasses/dark brown sugar at OG 1.040 with a suitable beer
      > brewing yeast strain.

      snip

      > All the best,
      >
      > Bryan.

      Hi, folks,

      Thanks Bryan for a really good explanation, clear and easy to follow. I
      will certainly use this when I graduate to making rum.
      Could you let us have the details of your ingredients?
      How much water/brown sugar/amount and description of the molasses/any
      other ingredients at all? (the yeast of course).

      Again, thanks,

      Regards,

      The Baker