Re: What is wrong with Gas/Propane

  • bbornais
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 17, 2007
      And your definition is slightly decieving with the intonation that a
      gas is like a vapour, since a vapour is in a state of equilibrium with
      the liquid phase, and a gas is far beyond this equilibrium at
      atmospheric pressure.

      And further, smoke is a product of a chemical change (specifically
      combustion), not a a physical change such as vapour or gas states.

      Get a better dictionary.

      Bryan.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

      > At 06:06 PM 11/17/2007, you wrote:
      >
      > >just a breif note on nomenclature here: Fumes are vapourized metal.
      > >We are talking about ethanolic vapour here, not fumes.
      >
      > No, we're talking about alcohol fumes here.
      >
      > I don't know what dictionary you're using, but MINE says that fumes
      ARE vapor.

      > Specifically, fume N. 1. Vapor, gas, or smoke, especially if
      irritating,
      > harmful, or strong. 2. A strong, acrid odor. 3. Gaseous state of an
      > element or chemical compound.

    • bbornais
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 17, 2007