Aging whiskey and temperatures

  • easythreesix
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2007
      Question on aging in jars. First off, will the resulting taste mirror
      barrel aging? Second, when aging does it matter if the temp goes
      below a certain temp? On a few distillery tours I've been to (George
      Dickel and Woodford Reserve), they both say that they don't like their
      whiskey going below 40 Faren. That being said, should I keep my jars
      indoors during the winter so they don't drop down too low, or just
      leave them outdoors and let nature take it's course? Thanks for any
      feedback guys.

      Easy