RE: [new_distillers] Re: question

  • Brendan Keith
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 12, 2007
      Message
      The model having an integrated stand for the receiving jug has a small section of plastic tubing.  I avoided this model once.

      The model that simply has the fan/condensor that pops off the top and the output tube on the side has no plastic in the vapour path.  If you can suspend a copper scrubber in the open space near the top, to allow vapour interaction, it can have a beneficial effect.  This model has no inherent reflux ability and works quite well for a brown sugar wash, making a nice white rum.

      I hear.

      --

      Brendan Keith

      bkeith@...