Re: Who is the spokesperson in the US

  • David
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 9, 2007
      The government revenue is only half the picture. In my state when
      some wineries wanted to start distilling and sell samples on sight it
      was the huge lobbying effort from the established distributers that
      killed the bill. Although in a neighboring state they did not fight
      it and it and it passed and the distributers there have noticed
      nothing. The ones in our state have stated in public forums that they
      don't want to open up a small hole now for big potential losses later.

      http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=530111

      For a newspaper summary.

      David

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hmmmm a good point, but shiners have been around for many years
      > before the manipulation of the public by politicians for much
      longer
      > than the WTC/pentagon attacks. Taxation/excise must surely come
      > into the equation somewhere.
      > >

      > > blanik
      >
      > There's no doubt that tax plays a part. But New Zealand has been
      > legal (distilling) for 10 years and they aren't suffering lost
      > revenue or breakdown of society. Quite the contrary.
      >
      > It's all about CONTROL.
      > Taxation and penalties is just another control weapon. Al Capone
      > found that out when they couldn't get him any other way.
      >
      > The old shiners didn't have the internet for rapid dissemination of
      > info. We do. The controlling authorities (Govt's, Law enforcement
      > etc.) really blew it. They ignored the rise of the personal
      > computer and internet communication as just another fad. They
      > followed the flawed statement by Tom Watson...
      >
      > "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." –
      Thomas