Re: [new_distillers] Re: whats wrong with propane

  • Jan Ooms
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
      Hi Tim,
      I noticed that you use a PDA-1  Column. Can you let us know how it performs and all the other information. You can email me on ooms@...
      Best Regards,
      Jan.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:20 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: whats wrong with propane

      --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, tim smith <tim_smitho21@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Hi from Tim
      > I've read the last 10 posts about propane fuel for distilling! I've
      used natural gas in my kitchen for the last 2 yrs. with a 23 ltr.
      boiler with a pda-1 column...I've never 'YET" had a problem.. I have
      an extinguisher close by,and an exhaust fan....it requires no more
      attention than an a electric unit...with much better temp. control....

      > Do You Yahoo!?
      > http://mail. yahoo.com

      Nice Tim,

      Now thats "excellent ventilation" and "great common sense" - always
      have my exaust fan turned up full in my kitchen with the windows open
      (and yea theres a red thingy near by that shoots stuff out - but not
      sure how to use it), but since im just a simple pot distiller, still
      cant understand all this new fangled stuff about power controllers,
      heat sinks, guages, uninsulated power tab devices, ect.

      I just use my electic stove, turn it up to high to get the temp to
      about 75C at my still head then turn it down to a bit below medium.

      At about 86.5 to 88.5 depending on the mash i made, that white stuff
      starts dripping out. Throw the first stuff out and just keep a tab on
      it every 20 minutes or so and test it every 200-300 mL by taste and my
      new fangled "Proof and Traille Scale for Spirit U.S. Customs House
      Hydrometer" thingy... to make the cuts - if it starts slowing down i
      jack the heat up a notch so to make sure the drips keep comming out
      nice and easy in a constant fashun. Wish i could understand all this
      stuff but the hootch sure tastes good to me and my friends.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
      Checked by AVG Free Edition.