Re: [new_distillers] Re: Aging with oak chips

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 1, 2007
      Depends on the wood used.
      Bare in mind that the spirit will mellow over
      time...if given the chance. I oaked some neutral in
      Am Oak for three weeks. The oak taste came across
      really strong. Pulled it off the oak. Six months
      later the spirit was very mild. Good, but mild.
      Just keep this experience in mind as you experiment.

      Link

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com