Re: Sugar wash

    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 5, 2007
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie" <rye_junkie@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesonbeam1"
      > <jamesonbeam1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ahhh good - but for 5.5 gallons i would increase the nutrients
      > > about 1 ounce and 3 Tablespoons of acid blend.
      > >
      > > Now if you had boiled up 2.5 lbs of Kellog's Corn Flakes and 1.5
      lbs
      > > of Shredded Wheat, and used 10 lbs white sugar and 3 lbs of
      brown
      > > sugar along with 48 oz of Grapefruit juice, then you would have
      come
      > > close to my "White Lightning" recipe ;-).
      > >
      > > Vino es Veritas,
      > > Jim.
      >
      > Thanks for sliding over that recipe. I will try that next. I
      already
      > have everything but the shredded wheat and the grapefruit juice and
      > can remedy that this weekend.
      >
      > Mason

    • Louis Bossy
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2012
        From some practice .
        If up have acess to yeast nutients .then use white sugar .reason is that some brown sugar especially from brazil tends to give the distilate a bitter taste.anything that is properly cleaned like white sugar is beter , just like using ripe clean fruits.
        Louisbossy

        Sent from Samsung Mobile