Re: Sugar wash

    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 5, 2007
      Ahhh good - but for 5.5 gallons i would increase the nutrients to
      about 1 ounce and 3 Tablespoons of acid blend.

      Now if you had boiled up 2.5 lbs of Kellog's Corn Flakes and 1.5 lbs
      of Shredded Wheat, and used 10 lbs white sugar and 3 lbs of brown
      sugar along with 48 oz of Grapefruit juice, then you would have come
      close to my "White Lightning" recipe ;-).

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      Thanks Jim,
      I did forget to put in the post that I did add a teaspoon of acid
      blend and 2 teaspoons of yeast nutrient. Both purchased from a home
      brew shop. I also aerated with a live well aerator for 30 minutes.
      This all done the day before I added the barley. Whether these
      quantities are enough or too much I do not know. but it sounds like I
      didn't hurt anything.

      Mason
    • Louis Bossy
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2012
        From some practice .
        If up have acess to yeast nutients .then use white sugar .reason is that some brown sugar especially from brazil tends to give the distilate a bitter taste.anything that is properly cleaned like white sugar is beter , just like using ripe clean fruits.
        Louisbossy

        Sent from Samsung Mobile