pot distilling question

  • mstehelin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      Does temperature matter?
      I mean can't you just do your cuts on the 2nd run, watch the
      hydrometer in the parrot's beak and just do it that way? Or should you
      be ultra careful at the temperature you are running?
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        With a pot still that is the most precise procedure for doing cuts.
        The variation in this method comes from low wines ABV and stills
        internal reflux ratio. Using temperature adds inaccuracies caused by
        thermometer and positioning of thermometer.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...>