bokabob 2

  • stavjen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      I understand that the top plate in the bokabob mini still is soldered
      to the bottom of the condenser coil at a 30 degree angle, but how is
      the bottom plate soldered? It would seem one would have to make a 30
      degree cut through the colum and slide the plate through this then
      solder it.
      But when looking at the pictures of the still in the files section I
      can't see place on the column where any cuts were made and then
      soldered?
      How is this done? Obviously one can't solder it from the top. Is it
      attached to something I'm not seeing?

      Many thanks.
    • Brendan Keith
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
        Message
        I prefer installing both plates in the column, not having one of them attached to the coil.

        Cut the 2 slots, insert lower plate and solder, bend down drip tab, insert upper plate and solder.
        Drill hole for product tube and solder tube in place.

        After grinding off the excess plate and cleaning up the pipe, the seam can be hard to see.

        --

        Brendan Keith

        bkeith@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
          Insert plate into slot, solder from the outside then grind off excess.
          Cheers