RE: Lag Time

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
      At 06:45 PM 09/03/2007, you wrote:
      >How long can a sugar wash be stored before distilling? I assume a few days
      >is acceptable???

      I didn't get around to running one for six months, recently, and it
      distilled just fine. I have another which I meant to get to, and has been
      sitting for about two months... hopefully it won't sit quite so long...
    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
        The campden is to sterilize from unwanteds AFTER
        fermentation is complete. Usually I do that a month
        after as I would with wine especially if i'm unsure
        when the wine/wash will be consumed/used.

        Link

        --- just me <hifa222@...> wrote:

        > why add the camden tablets. why not let it finish
        > fermenting if it isn't done yet. and what is the
        > benefit of racking for 6 months. I am new to this
        > and this is the first time I have heard of camden
        > tablets for a sugar wash and the extended racking.
        > thanks.
        >

        > life begins at 80.. 1.080 that is.

        Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222