RE: [new_distillers] Lag Time

  • Dave and Janelle
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007

      I have distilled a wash after it had been sitting for 2 years and it was fine.

      Actually I had three one smelled like vinager so I dumped it.

      The other 2 smelled like the regular wine (ish) smell.

      No problem at all

      >How long can a sugar wash be stored before distilling? I assume a few
      >days is acceptable?? ?

    • Larry
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
        At 06:45 PM 09/03/2007, you wrote:
        >How long can a sugar wash be stored before distilling? I assume a few days
        >is acceptable???

        I didn't get around to running one for six months, recently, and it
        distilled just fine. I have another which I meant to get to, and has been
        sitting for about two months... hopefully it won't sit quite so long...
      • Link D'Antoni
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2007
          The campden is to sterilize from unwanteds AFTER
          fermentation is complete. Usually I do that a month
          after as I would with wine especially if i'm unsure
          when the wine/wash will be consumed/used.

          Link

          --- just me <hifa222@...> wrote:

          > why add the camden tablets. why not let it finish
          > fermenting if it isn't done yet. and what is the
          > benefit of racking for 6 months. I am new to this
          > and this is the first time I have heard of camden
          > tablets for a sugar wash and the extended racking.
          > thanks.
          >

          > life begins at 80.. 1.080 that is.

          Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222