(Spell checked) Help with a first wash / run with ABV of the wash and temp

  • newstillhead
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      I was tired last night after cleaning my new rig so the first post
      was not ahhhhh as professional as it should have been. ļThanks for
      the comment bringing it to my attention.

      I have a wash I am trying I found on the main page. This will end up
      being my first run ever using a brand new pot still I have made in a
      Keg Pot Still.

      5KG Sugar + 10 L of almost boiling water + 8L of 100% pure Juice +
      A "handful of yeast" I u

      I have already done a cleaning and a pure water run with no issues.

      I have 2 questions.

      1 - How much should I expect to collect on the first run. I intend to
      add all the collection to a second run of an identical batch. I plan
      to let it ferment for 2 weeks.

      The Air lock shows it is actively giving off CO2.

      2 - Are there any tricks to when to turn the head down on the burner?
      I can reach 208F to boil water with 30 from 4 US GL of tap water in
      aprox 26 minutes.

      Any suggestions?