Re: [new_distillers] Re: Is this reflux still a good design?

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
      What the hell are you talking about?.

      lockdude77 <lockdude24-7@...> wrote:
      --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "just me" <hifa222@... > wrote:

      > george why dont you use it for turbo neutrals?

      cleaner wash with wine yeast.{1118 lalvin}I usually make a 10-12%
      wash,and potstill it.It taste better better than a turbo wash that
      has been stripped,and refluxed with only 1 run in the potstill.It
      takes longer to ferment,but I usually let my sugar washes clear for 3-
      4 weeks anyway.The trick is to get everything right without overdoing
      it.The PH,the neutrents without using too much,the fermentation
      temp,and most important,not stressing the yeast.Keep the starting
      gravity no higher than 1080sg.Happy yeast makes clean booze.
      george

      Regards
      Joe

    • lockdude77
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@...>
        wrote:

        > What the hell are you talking about?.
        >
        > lockdude77 <lockdude24-7@...> wrote: --- In
        new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "just me" <hifa222@> wrote:

        > > george why dont you use it for turbo neutrals?

      • just me
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
          i misunderstood his statement. i thought he wouldnt use it to run a turbo. not that he wouldnt use a turbo. "It works great,and I even use it for neutral.But not

        • toddk63
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
            I built a Bokakob Single Reducer design and am very happy with it. I
            thought the elliptical design looked more difficult to build. Some
            day I may build a VM. Can I reuse most of my SR LM stuff?

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sn_cur" <sn_cur@...> wrote:

            > I agree with Riku.
            >
            > Don't try to reinvent the wheel your first time around.
            >
            > Go for a Bokabob, or a VM still.
            >
            > I have a VM and am very happy with it.
            >
            > sn

          • sn_cur
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
              In most cases you can just add VM to an existing LM still. Plenty of folk have done it.

              > I built a Bokakob Single Reducer design and am very happy with it. I
              > thought the elliptical design looked more difficult to build. Some
              > day I may build a VM. Can I reuse most of my SR LM stuff?
              >
              > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sn_cur" <sn_cur@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I agree with Riku.
              > >
              > > Don't try to reinvent the wheel your first time around.
              > >
              > > Go for a Bokabob, or a VM still.
              > >
              > > I have a VM and am very happy with it.
              > >
              > > sn

            • joe giffen
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                What can I say?.

                toddk63 <toddk63@...> wrote:
                I built a Bokakob Single Reducer design and am very happy with it. I
                thought the elliptical design looked more difficult to build. Some
                day I may build a VM. Can I reuse most of my SR LM stuff?

                --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "sn_cur" <sn_cur@...> wrote:

                > I agree with Riku.
                >
                > Don't try to reinvent the wheel your first time around.
                >
                > Go for a Bokabob, or a VM still.
                >
                > I have a VM and am very happy with it.
                >
                > sn

                Regards