Re: Is this reflux still a good design?

  • lockdude77
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "just me" <hifa222@...> wrote:

      > george why dont you use it for turbo neutrals?

      cleaner wash with wine yeast.{1118 lalvin}I usually make a 10-12%
      wash,and potstill it.It taste better better than a turbo wash that
      has been stripped,and refluxed with only 1 run in the potstill.It
      takes longer to ferment,but I usually let my sugar washes clear for 3-
      4 weeks anyway.The trick is to get everything right without overdoing
      it.The PH,the neutrents without using too much,the fermentation
      temp,and most important,not stressing the yeast.Keep the starting
      gravity no higher than 1080sg.Happy yeast makes clean booze.
      george
    • joe giffen
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
        What the hell are you talking about?.

        lockdude77 <lockdude24-7@...> wrote:
        > george why dont you use it for turbo neutrals?

        Regards
        Joe

      • lockdude77
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@...>
          wrote:

          > What the hell are you talking about?.
          >
          > lockdude77 <lockdude24-7@...> wrote: --- In
          new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "just me" <hifa222@> wrote:

          > > george why dont you use it for turbo neutrals?

        • just me
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2007
            i misunderstood his statement. i thought he wouldnt use it to run a turbo. not that he wouldnt use a turbo. "It works great,and I even use it for neutral.But not

          • toddk63
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
              I built a Bokakob Single Reducer design and am very happy with it. I
              thought the elliptical design looked more difficult to build. Some
              day I may build a VM. Can I reuse most of my SR LM stuff?

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sn_cur" <sn_cur@...> wrote:

              > I agree with Riku.
              >
              > Don't try to reinvent the wheel your first time around.
              >
              > Go for a Bokabob, or a VM still.
              >
              > I have a VM and am very happy with it.
              >
              > sn

            • sn_cur
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                In most cases you can just add VM to an existing LM still. Plenty of folk have done it.

                > I built a Bokakob Single Reducer design and am very happy with it. I
                > thought the elliptical design looked more difficult to build. Some
                > day I may build a VM. Can I reuse most of my SR LM stuff?
                >
                > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sn_cur" <sn_cur@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I agree with Riku.
                > >
                > > Don't try to reinvent the wheel your first time around.
                > >
                > > Go for a Bokabob, or a VM still.
                > >
                > > I have a VM and am very happy with it.
                > >
                > > sn

              • joe giffen
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                  What can I say?.

                  toddk63 <toddk63@...> wrote:
                  I built a Bokakob Single Reducer design and am very happy with it. I
                  thought the elliptical design looked more difficult to build. Some
                  day I may build a VM. Can I reuse most of my SR LM stuff?

                  --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "sn_cur" <sn_cur@...> wrote:

                  > I agree with Riku.
                  >
                  > Don't try to reinvent the wheel your first time around.
                  >
                  > Go for a Bokabob, or a VM still.
                  >
                  > I have a VM and am very happy with it.
                  >
                  > sn

                  Regards