Re: [new_distillers] Re: Collection rate

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2007
      > ----- Original Message -----
      > From: "lockdude77" <lockdude24-7@...>
      > To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Collection rate
      > Date: Mon, 27 Aug:14:46 -0000
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bennalls1983"
      > <bennalls1983@...> wrote:

      I do almost exactly the same and get good results, George.

      I use abv and temperature as a GUIDE only, and final decisions are by taste, particularly in the case of hearts collection. I do however use abv when deciding to cut tails for my next backset collection and usually stop at about 20 abv. My thermometer reads nothing like the reccomended, but it's consistant so I use it as MY guide.

      blanik

      > I make my cuts by taste,not by ABV.I seem to get better results
      > collecting in small containers,letting them air out for a few
      > days,and tasting each one with a little water.Airing it out will
      > change it for the better,then you can tell what is what.If you run
      > too hot,or fast,you can mix the heads and tails together,and not get
      > good seperation throughout the run.Once I get mine heated up,and
      > start collecting,I cut back the heat alot,and run it with as little
      > as possable.Once things get heated up,it doesnt take much heat to
      > keep it going good,and my boiler is insulated,which helps.
      > george

      SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/