Re: [new_distillers] Got a problem, feeling abit dumb! (shortcut)

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 26, 2007
      I'm coming in late on the discussion. Missed two whole
      days... That like a life time in this group. Ther
      aree a heap of replies but here's a short cut for
      calculation alcohol %

      Take out decimals.

      Start 1085 - 900 = 185 / 7.36 = 25.1% alcohol
      Divide the difference of start & Final by 7.36! Voila!

      Link

      --- mavnkaf <mavnkaf@...> wrote:

      > Hi group, I keep doing the maths on this and it
      > does not work out
      > right??! I have 2 fermenters(23L) in a tub bath @
      > 28 C, so the temps
      > have been very good through the last 7 days. Now it
      > has finished and
      > come up will these numbers.
      >
      > OG = 1.085
      >
      > FG = 0.900
      >
      > SO what will the % be? Have some figurs but it
      > does not add up, in my
      > mind.
      >
      > Harry's program tell's me it's around 24% but it
      > can't right. It's the
      > DWWG recipe with 4.5 kg of sugar and one table spoon
      > of citric acid and
      > the wheatgrem, 500 gr.
      >
      > Ned Kelly's Air Force
      > Marc