Federal Permit in the US

  • TownsendWolfe@excite.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2007
      Guys and Gals,

      In the USA, to obtain a permit for making fuel ETHANOL you can find the information here: http://www.ttb.gov

      Click on the tab "other alcohol"; NOT "distilled spirits".

      Obtaining the permit is FREE as long as you plan on making less that 10,000 proof gallons.

      The process is simple and the people there are very nice. Be prepared to answer the question "Why do you want to make alcohol fuel?"

      Took me about 6 weeks for the process to complete.

      And really... How can you who can't find this information on your own run a dangerous apparatus, use email, but not be successful with the 12 seconds it takes to use Google?!?!?! hahaahaha - I'm just teasing! best of luck and I do believe that the more people that obtain their permits the less of an issue it will be for the "law".

      By the way - my results from sugar mash run just fine in my 2stroke leaf blower (the oil/fuel mixture is a necessary lubricant so I've been told)

      Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com