Re: [new_distillers] Re: Redistilling

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
      HI alex,
       Please forgive using an old email, I am not computer literate. WE miss you  please contact me and lets talk.

      _{*L*}_ <bokakob@...> wrote:
      Hialti, re-distilling without trying to separate the unwanted fractions is meaningless. It is acceptable during the first time only. Commonly it is called a "stripping run."

        For the second re-distillation you should add some baking soda powder to the clear liquid. NOTE: YOU MUST RE-DISTILL FIRST OR YOU WILL GET BLUE DISTILLATE!!!

        When you add baking soda plus regular table salt in proportion of one tea spoon of each to one liter of pure alcohol (at 50% abv it would be one tea spoon of baking soda per two liters of liquid and one tea spoon of salt per two liters of liquid) you will be able to separate the unwanted fractions very well.

        If you do the third run it will make the distillate even better. YOU MUST SEPARATE fractions during each distillation cycle. Otherwise it is just a waste of energy.

      _{*L*}_
      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

      Regards
      Joe