Re: Second run boiler leftovers

  • rye_junkie
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007

      > Scratch that, maybe I misunderstood. Are you talking about the
      > leftovers from the doubling run? If so then, I generally toss that.

      Thanks Pint,
      I guess It would be the Doubling run. I am new to the terminology.
      This would be the distilled low wines that I am talking about. So you
      say chunk those leftovers?

      As for the first run/mash run. you can re ferment those leftovers? Do
      you need to add yeast? I cooked off a batch last night. While the
      still was running I put five more gallons of water in the fermenter
      and added some sugar. Then poured the left over dregs back into the
      fermenter but a couple hours later nothing was happening. I threw in
      a packet of bakers yeast and it was fermenting quite nice this
      morning. I thought that with sour mash you didnt have to add yeast so
      i am pretty sure I did something wrong.
      Send over that wheat germ recipe off list if its not a family secret.