Re: [new_distillers] Re: Cooling water for the cooling jacket

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 11, 2007
      Larry, we have a waste water recycling unit installed. Every single drop of water we use is recycled onto the garden, but we are still extremely conscious of water usage.

      We also have water police but we would never use enough water to keep a lawn green. I 'mow' the lawn once a year with that grass killer stuff (glycosomething). :)

      SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

      Powered by Outblaze
    • sonum norbu
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 11, 2007
        That may well be what the pump output is, but all of the posts have told you that you don't NEED that amount of water. Maybe a different pump???

      • Joseph Dobransky
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 11, 2007
          My information is quite correct. Water container 50-55 gallon capacity.
          Pump is
          http://www.outdoorgardenfurniture.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=492

          That puts it's output at 3 gallons a minute which is just a little
          faster than normal water pressure at the house tap.
          --

          ************************************
          * Joseph Dobransky
          * Webhosting Administrator
          * 1-888-478-0555
          * http://www.nightowlswebspace.com
          ************************************
          * AIM: CrankyCronos
          * Yahoo: skeeter1jd
          * MSN: skeeter1jd@...
          * ICQ: 21228143
          ************************************
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 11, 2007
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Larry <larry@...> wrote:
            some places (like South Texas where I live) saved water is Saved
            > Water. This is the first summer in what must be about ten years
            that we
            > haven't gone on water restrictions, due to drought. Our summer
            pretty much
            > starts in mid to early April most years and usually runs through
            Halloween
            > or later.

            Where I live, Nth Queensland Australia, we have water restrictions
            year-round. But it's the 'wet tropics' and in fact we live within
            an hour's drive of the wettest place in Oz, which has 9 METRES of
            rain per year!

            However, the rest of the state, & in fact much of OZ, is a very dry
            continent. Water usage is restricted to less than 300 litres per
            person per day. Add up bathwater, clothes washing, gardening, etc.
            and you quickly exceed the limit. All properties in our area have
            tamper-proof water metres and we are charged for any excess usage.
            Unusual usage is reported to the 'thought police', just as strange
            usage of electricity warrants a visit from the 'powers-that-be'.

            I have posted before on the fact that future wars WILL be fought,
            not on fuel or food, but on WATER. That's why I posted the
            recycling system 3+1/2 years ago. (see here...
            http://www.geocities.com/gnikomson2000/recycled_water.jpg}

            It's not the ultimate answer, but @ 5-10 litres per month
            evaporation loss, regardless of runs, it's a damn sight better than
            most of the alternatives, to say nothing of the possible attraction
            of unwanted interest by outsiders. And the minimal power
            consumption by the system is negligable.

            As Larry pointed out, there are many places in the world where water
            is a valuable commodity in short supply. Wastage of a resource is
            just that...WASTAGE! No I'm not a greenie or tree-hugger, but
            without water, EVERYTHING STOPS, PERIOD!

            Can anyone here justify water wastage?, when there are simple
            alternatives?

            Slainte, regards Harry
          • sonum norbu
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 11, 2007
              kn'oath Harry.
              Three gallons of water a minute to cool a few drops a second does seem a 'bit' excessive to me, but as you know, I also live on the driest continent on the planet, so maybe I'm a little biased. :))

              We will indeed have wars over water and it will be far more severe than the current war for oil. Millions will die, and that's only the humans on this planet.

              More research is needed, Joseph.

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 11, 2007
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...>
                wrote:

                > That may well be what the pump output is, but all of the posts have
                told you that you don't NEED that amount of water. Maybe a different
                pump???

                It doesn't matter what the pump output is if the water is being
                recycled. Put a cooler in the line, such as a radiator or other heat-
                exchanger, and you can send the available water around the loop as
                fast as, or as often as, your pump and other flow restrictions will
                allow!

              • Link D'Antoni
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 12, 2007
                  Larry,