RE: [new_distillers] Re:cleaning solution.

  • pieter post
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
      wel, almost. The best sterilization occurs with 70 % ethanol and not at
      higher concentrations.

      >From: "leo_advocaat" <leo_advocaat@...>
      >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [new_distillers] Re:cleaning solution.
      >Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 06:38:19 -0000
      >

      >I don't why you people go for all the exotic sterilizers. When you
      >distill, there is always some distillate that you chuck out. This is
      >the best sterilizer there is. Pure alcohol has been used in
      >sterilization in hospitals and as swabs for injections for many years.
      >Then just rinse out with H2O (water) and you have just recycled some of
      >your low/high end distillate.Cheers

    • sn_cur
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007

        > wel, almost. The best sterilization occurs with 70 % ethanol and not at
        > higher concentrations.

        1. Isopropanol is best at 70%. Ethanol is best at 62%.

        2. Alcohol is not great at killing fungii or bacteria.

        3. Alcohol isn't as effective in the presence of organic matter, so clean the container well
        first.