Re: Can I use grape skins instead of whole grapes?

  • bkm_42
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
      Better yet, take those skins, add distilled water, and sugar to bring
      your SG back up to around 1.090 - re-ferment, now you have wine. As
      a winemaker (not yet distiller), I frequently make "seconds" from the
      skins (so far, red only). You can drink, or distill as you wish. I
      wouldn't try to distill just from the skins.
      Brian

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...>