Re: First Run Failure (sort of)

  • bennalls1983
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
      <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:

      Another alternative
      > is to stuff a small piece of potscrubber to the end of the liebig to
      > slow down vapor (it accelerates downstream) and allow better cooling.
      >
      > Cheers, Riku
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > A picture is not necessary. By his description he has a stock
      > > standard Vapour Management still. All copper in contact with
      > vapours
      > > all the way through.

      Thanks everyone for your comments

      Harry, you are correct. The vapour doesn't come into contact with
      anything other than copper. The plastic outer tube of the condensor
      was only because the hardware store didn't have the copper reducer I
      needed for a copper sleeve I have already built (I guess it pays to be
      patient). My copper condensor is also has a smaller diameter than the
      plastic so it might be more efficient.

      Riku, the potscrubber idea in the condensor is good. I will do this.
      As well as slowing the vapour it might help transfer the heat from the
      copper pipe to the centre of the condensor.

      I will take some photos and post once the camera batteries are
      charged. Next run will be in a couple of weekends... Oh well, it will
      be worth it in the end.
    • bennalls1983
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 16, 2007
        Well I managed to get my copper condensor on tonight and did a test/cleaning run with water. On full power with no scrubbers everything was being condensed, no steam at all. I did spring a leak with the condensor at the joints but fixed with no trouble. Tommorrows the night, so excited....