Re: The Amazing Plastic still.

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
      If you build one make sure you use only polypropylene, other
      plastics may leach softeners and/or get soft with increased
      temperature. As I said it gives a bit over 70% ABV at the beginning
      of the run, just like a potstill. I've used mine as a stripper only,
      haven't done any cuts.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Boyco <fly_boy_bc@...>
      wrote:

      > So your version yields 70% and it has been mentioned that you
      could get as high as 80% ABV. (Insulate heating bucket, longer
      pipes, scrubbers)

      > I may try it when I graduate from sugar mash to whiskey since
      there is no chance of scorching and by all reports it generates a
      nice clean product (Or it will if decent separation can be had).

      > I assume you used the standard sized containers for the bottom
      part of your AS. When you run it how much heads/lees/tails do you
      end up collecting?