Re: The Amazing Plastic still.

  • Gary Boyco
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
      So your version yields 70% and it has been mentioned that you could get as high as 80% ABV. (Insulate heating bucket, longer pipes, scrubbers)

      I may try it when I graduate from sugar mash to whiskey since there is no chance of scorching and by all reports it generates a nice clean product (Or it will if decent separation can be had).

      I assume you used the standard sized containers for the bottom part of your AS. When you run it how much heads/lees/tails do you end up collecting?

      Does this modification run at the same speed as the original design?

      Do you like it?

      Gary

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
        If you build one make sure you use only polypropylene, other
        plastics may leach softeners and/or get soft with increased
        temperature. As I said it gives a bit over 70% ABV at the beginning
        of the run, just like a potstill. I've used mine as a stripper only,
        haven't done any cuts.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Boyco <fly_boy_bc@...>