Re: Temp/thermometer placement

  • nenengstoute
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007
      first let me say that if i tried to put as much info in my brain as
      harry,trid,or wal i think my head would explode. but then again with
      this darn old timers disease it leaks out as fast as i put it in. in
      the last year or so i've built a dozen or so different stills ranging
      from a simple 3/16in t on top of a gumbo pot to a bokabob type.i've
      used my pot stills with and without thumpers. my final design that
      i'm going to build and sell only locally will be an anaconda type
      with thumper and leiburg condenser. forgot to say all of my testing
      is done with a coil in a can.Getting back on subject i use my
      thermometer simply as a reference. i heat the keg on high power then
      when the temp gets up high enough i'll turn it down,really you don't
      even need a thermometer. just watch the output.when using a thumper i
      do notice that i've got to run the temp a lil higher though. God
      Bless and Mabuhay. Mike --- In