Metal storage container leaching?

  • TownsendWolfe@excite.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2007
      My Wife purchased a quantity of metal quart containers to share my product with our friends. The look like what you would normally buy acetone or other "solvents" in. Flat faced tin(?) with an offset screw type lid. These are new containers.

      After putting 89% in one and leaving it for about 2 weeks, pouring the product out it looks like orange juice and the product has a distinct metalic taste.

      Clearly these are not satisfactory containers but what's happening? I originally though that the cap sealing gasket was deteriorating but on closer inspection inside of the container it looks as though rust might be the culprit.

      I'm going to stick with glass from here on out.

      Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com