Re: [new_distillers] Re: fermentation (lactose)

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2000
      I know in beer makeing lactose is add to "milk" stouts (sweet stouts)
      becuase yeast will not ferment it. I'd wonder about the chances of sneaking
      some "genetically engineered" E. cold out of the lab? Did anyone notice
      the following down the page?

      "The bacterium Z. mobilis is designed for quicker fermentation, increased
      alcohol yields, and fermentations at higher temperatures. " hmmmmmm