hdpe for fermenting

  • just me
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
      is it possible to use hdpe for fermenting. has anyone tried this. my
      fermenter is pp food grade. i have a smaller bucket(hdpe)i would like
      to use it for smaller test batches.thanks i have read all i could find
      on plastics and their components. i understand why pete is used for
      storage and hdpe is used for aging(lower abv).thanks.
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
        Plastic drums are HDPE and local Italians use them for wine-making.
        wal

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2007
          thanks wal.i will tip the first drink in your honor.