Speed

  • mstehelin
    Message 1 of 27 , May 22, 2007
      On a pot still does speed matter? On stripping runs it doesn't matter
      I would guess, But on a 2nd distilling I have read recipes that talk
      about only one drip per second. Does this make any sense? Why would
      speed of distilling have anything to do with the quality of spirit?
      Cheers
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 27 , May 22, 2007
        In principle it does not matter. In practice there are few things
        involved. Internal reflux ratio of a pot still that decreases with
        more power making less sharp cut points. Boiling action in the boiler
        gets violent and may throw droplets to your product. Probably few
        other things as well. I've done some whiskey runs at 4kW using 30l
        boiler and it went just fine, although quickly. You may have to adjust
        your procedure some but there's no real reason to distill it slowly if
        your gear can take it. Scotchmen won't do it one drop per second
        either.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...>
        wrote:

        > On a pot still does speed matter? On stripping runs it doesn't matter
        > I would guess, But on a 2nd distilling I have read recipes that talk
        > about only one drip per second. Does this make any sense? Why would
        > speed of distilling have anything to do with the quality of spirit?
        > Cheers

      • pint_o_shine
        Message 3 of 27 , May 22, 2007
          I've personally seen excellent quality potstill spirits made at a rate
          of 30L/hour on a second run. The equipment was homebuilt and very high
          capacity though.

          On the other hand, I have also seen a 20 liter pot making 5 L/h @ 80%
          on a second run also. It was excellent quality too.

          > In principle it does not matter.>
          > > On a pot still does speed matter? On stripping runs it doesn't matter
          > > I would guess, But on a 2nd distilling I have read recipes that talk
          > > about only one drip per second.
        • nenengstoute
          Message 4 of 27 , May 23, 2007
            i run my still a lot slower than it's able. once i ran it way too hard
            and some mash ended up burning to the bottom of the pot.i just cut it a
            few minutes ago to change from a straight column to a "anaconda" style
            like turbo stomper sells on ebay.hell,i like to experiment and want to
            see if it makes a difference.Mabuhay. MIKE --- In
            new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...> wrote:

            > On a pot still does speed matter? On stripping runs it doesn't matter
            > I would guess, But on a 2nd distilling I have read recipes that talk
            > about only one drip per second. Does this make any sense? Why would
            > speed of distilling have anything to do with the quality of spirit?
            > Cheers

          • tim smith
            Message 5 of 27 , May 23, 2007
              can anyone tell me how the turbo stomper works ?  does it produce 96% as advertised?

              nenengstoute <nenengstoute@...> wrote:
              i run my still a lot slower than it's able. once i ran it way too hard
              and some mash ended up burning to the bottom of the pot.i just cut it a
              few minutes ago to change from a straight column to a "anaconda" style
              like turbo stomper sells on ebay.hell,i like to experiment and want to
              see if it makes a difference.Mabuhay. MIKE --- In
              new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@. ..> wrote:

              > On a pot still does speed matter? On stripping runs it doesn't matter
              > I would guess, But on a 2nd distilling I have read recipes that talk
              > about only one drip per second. Does this make any sense? Why would
              > speed of distilling have anything to do with the quality of spirit?
              > Cheers

              Got a little couch potato?

              Message 6 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, tim smith <tim_smitho21@...>
                wrote:

                > can anyone tell me how the turbo stomper works ? does it produce
                96% as advertised?

                96% of what? Spirits or BS? I guess you'll have to ask them that
                makes the thing. :)

              • nenengstoute
                Message 7 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                  the turbo stompers are just a pot still with a doubler.don't expect
                  output over 90% 180 proof. if you want neutral spirits you have to run
                  it through again. i just saw on ebay a guy in australia thats selling a
                  bokakob type stills for almost $400.00 us plus shipping! me thinks i'll
                  stick with pot stilling.Mabuhay. MIKE --- In
                  new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

                  > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, tim smith <tim_smitho21@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > can anyone tell me how the turbo stomper works ? does it produce
                  > 96% as advertised?
                  >

                  > 96% of what? Spirits or BS? I guess you'll have to ask them that
                  > makes the thing. :)
                  >

                  > Slainte!
                  > regards Harry

                • Larry
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                    At 06:32 AM 05/24/2007, you wrote:

                    >the turbo stompers are just a pot still with a doubler.don't expect
                    >output over 90% 180 proof.

                    If you visit www.stilldrinkin.com, and read some of the information there,
                    you'll probably come to suspect that they judge output as being 96% by
                    tasting it, and pronouncing it to be 96% based on how badly it burns going
                    down, rather than by a measurement with a hydrometer.
                  • abbababbaccc
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                      OMG, I just had to visit that site. The best they had was a copy (I
                      bet they don't pay royalties) of world class still - about ten years
                      old coplicated copy of the original Nixon-Stone. Haven't seen that
                      much BS for a long time. Too bad they are not in the fertilizer
                      business :)

                      Cheers, Riku

                      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

                      > If you visit www.stilldrinkin.com, and read some of the information
                      there,
                      > you'll probably come to suspect that they judge output as being 96%
                      by
                      > tasting it, and pronouncing it to be 96% based on how badly it burns
                      going
                      > down, rather than by a measurement with a hydrometer.

                    • pliddon
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                        Has anyone dealt with www.stilldrinkin.com - the valved relux still
                        looks like the one I would like, but it is pretty expensive ($570).

                        Peter.

                        Message 11 of 27 , May 24, 2007

                          Message 12 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                            For the price I suggest you get PDA-1 with column extension from
                            Amphora society. At least Amphora guys know what they are talking
                            about and can help you if there are any problems. Both these stills
                            use the same (somewhat outdated) operating principle if that matters.

                            Do a search for world-class, nixon-stone and PDA-1 to get some user
                            experiences about these stills.

                            Cheers, Riku

                            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pliddon" <pliddon@...> wrote:

                            > Has anyone dealt with www.stilldrinkin.com - the valved relux
                            still
                            > looks like the one I would like, but it is pretty expensive ($570).
                            >
                            > Peter.
                            >
                            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc"
                            > <abbababbaccc@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > OMG, I just had to visit that site. The best they had was a copy
                            > (I
                            > > bet they don't pay royalties) of world class still - about ten
                            > years
                            > > old coplicated copy of the original Nixon-Stone. Haven't seen
                            that
                            > > much BS for a long time. Too bad they are not in the fertilizer
                            > > business :)
                            > >
                            > > Cheers, Riku

                          • grry_p
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 24, 2007
                              Before I had done any research (impulse buy) I purchased the Turbo
                              Venom still from them. It is a 5 gallon stock pot still with a
                              thumper. My observations,

                              1. It took about two months and 10 phone calls to get it.

                              2. After I got it (and after doing some research and finding this
                              site and others while I patiently waited for it) I realized I could
                              have built it my self with very minimal skills for about 25% of the
                              price.

                              3. It works fine, but so far the highest ABV I have been able to
                              produce on a first run is 70%/140 proof.

                              4. If you search this site and others you will find some posts from
                              people who have had really bad experiences getting their product from
                              them, some say they never recieved it.

                              5. Would I buy another one...no way in heck. However after learning a
                              little I would never "buy" any still. I think from what I have read,
                              most of these guys would agree that building the still is half the
                              fun.
                              <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:

                              > For the price I suggest you get PDA-1 with column extension from
                              > Amphora society. At least Amphora guys know what they are talking
                              > about and can help you if there are any problems. Both these stills
                              > use the same (somewhat outdated) operating principle if that
                              matters.

                              > Do a search for world-class, nixon-stone and PDA-1 to get some user
                              > experiences about these stills.
                              >
                              > Cheers, Riku
                              >
                              > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pliddon" <pliddon@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Has anyone dealt with www.stilldrinkin.com - the valved relux
                              > still
                              > > looks like the one I would like, but it is pretty expensive
                              ($570).

                              > > Peter.
                              > >
                              > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc"
                              > > <abbababbaccc@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > OMG, I just had to visit that site. The best they had was a
                              copy
                              > > (I
                              > > > bet they don't pay royalties) of world class still - about ten
                              > > years
                              > > > old coplicated copy of the original Nixon-Stone. Haven't seen
                              > that
                              > > > much BS for a long time. Too bad they are not in the fertilizer
                              > > > business :)
                              > > >
                              > > > Cheers, Riku

                            • nenengstoute
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 25, 2007
                                maybe they get the output quoated by running bacardi 151 through it?
                                but i do like the looks of the anaconda. spent all day yesterday
                                realizing im the worst silver solderer in the world! THANK GOD HE
                                invented PVC or i never coulda remodeled my house. Mabuhay. Mike---
                                In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "grry_p" <garryp@...> wrote:

                                > Before I had done any research (impulse buy) I purchased the Turbo
                                > Venom still from them. It is a 5 gallon stock pot still with a
                                > thumper. My observations,
                                >
                                > 1. It took about two months and 10 phone calls to get it.
                                >
                                > 2. After I got it (and after doing some research and finding this
                                > site and others while I patiently waited for it) I realized I could
                                > have built it my self with very minimal skills for about 25% of the
                                > price.
                                >
                                > 3. It works fine, but so far the highest ABV I have been able to
                                > produce on a first run is 70%/140 proof.
                                >
                                > 4. If you search this site and others you will find some posts from
                                > people who have had really bad experiences getting their product
                                from
                                > them, some say they never recieved it.
                                >
                                > 5. Would I buy another one...no way in heck. However after learning
                                > little I would never "buy" any still. I think from what I have
                                read,
                                > most of these guys would agree that building the still is half the
                                > fun.
                                > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc"
                                > <abbababbaccc@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > For the price I suggest you get PDA-1 with column extension from
                                > > Amphora society. At least Amphora guys know what they are talking
                                > > about and can help you if there are any problems. Both these
                                stills
                                > > use the same (somewhat outdated) operating principle if that
                                > matters.
                                > >
                                > > Do a search for world-class, nixon-stone and PDA-1 to get some
                                user
                                > > experiences about these stills.
                                > >
                                > > Cheers, Riku
                                > >
                                > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pliddon" <pliddon@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Has anyone dealt with www.stilldrinkin.com - the valved relux
                                > > still
                                > > > looks like the one I would like, but it is pretty expensive
                                > ($570).
                                > > >
                                > > > Peter.
                                > > >
                                > > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc"

                                > copy
                                > > > (I
                                > > > years
                                > > that

                              • Shane Clayton
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 25, 2007

                                  Just my 2 bobs worth

                                  But if you are getting 70%, then diluting to around 40% what r u worrying about?

                                  Just seems to be perhaps efficiency of the equipment used?

                                  [Puts on asbestos undies for the flames]

                                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                                • Peter Liddon
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 25, 2007
                                    Thanks for the advise.  I was recommended the PDA-1 many months ago when I first started researching stills.

                                    Riku - you mentioned that the still is somewhat outdated, what would be better?  From my research I thought a valved relux still with a nixon-stone offset head was the best for neutral spirits.

                                    I have thought of making my own column, regular copper soldering I have done - is it much harder with lead free silver solder.

                                    The various plans I have seen to connect the column to a boiler look like they might be beyond my capabilities - does anyone recommend a simple way of doing it (maybe purchase one)?

                                    Peter.

                                    To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: nenengstoute@...
                                    Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:57:26 +0000
                                    Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Speed

                                    maybe they get the output quoated by running bacardi 151 through it?
                                    but i do like the looks of the anaconda. spent all day yesterday
                                    realizing im the worst silver solderer in the world! THANK GOD HE
                                    invented PVC or i never coulda remodeled my house. Mabuhay. Mike---
                                    In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "grry_p" <garryp@...> wrote:

                                    > Before I had done any research (impulse buy) I purchased the Turbo
                                    > Venom still from them. It is a 5 gallon stock pot still with a
                                    > thumper. My observations,
                                    >
                                    > 1. It took about two months and 10 phone calls to get it.
                                    >
                                    > 2. After I got it (and after doing some research and finding this
                                    > site and others while I patiently waited for it) I realized I could
                                    > have built it my self with very minimal skills for about 25% of the
                                    > price.
                                    >
                                    > 3. It works fine, but so far the highest ABV I have been able to
                                    > produce on a first run is 70%/140 proof.
                                    >
                                    > 4. If you search this site and others you will find some posts from
                                    > people who have had really bad experiences getting their product
                                    from
                                    > them, some say they never recieved it.
                                    >
                                    > 5. Would I buy another one...no way in heck. However after learning
                                    > little I would never "buy" any still. I think from what I have
                                    read,
                                    > most of these guys would agree that building the still is half the
                                    > fun.
                                    > --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "abbababbaccc"
                                    > <abbababbaccc@ > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > For the price I suggest you get PDA-1 with column extension from
                                    > > Amphora society. At least Amphora guys know what they are talking
                                    > > about and can help you if there are any problems. Both these
                                    stills
                                    > > use the same (somewhat outdated) operating principle if that
                                    > matters.
                                    > >
                                    > > Do a search for world-class, nixon-stone and PDA-1 to get some
                                    user
                                    > > experiences about these stills.
                                    > >
                                    > > Cheers, Riku
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "pliddon" <pliddon@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Has anyone dealt with www.stilldrinkin. com - the valved relux
                                    > > still
                                    > > > looks like the one I would like, but it is pretty expensive
                                    > ($570).
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Peter.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "abbababbaccc"

                                    > copy
                                    > > > (I
                                    > > > years
                                    > > that

                                  • abbababbaccc
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 26, 2007
                                      Well, liquid management principle in itself is somewhat outdated as
                                      we have several better ways nowadays.

                                      The easiest to understand is vapor management as described in
                                      the "compleat distiller". In VM the product removal rate decreases
                                      automatically as alcohol gets exhausted in the boiler making it less
                                      likely to miss the cut. The construction is somewhat more
                                      complicated but ceretainly worth the effort.

                                      Even easier controll is provided by Automatic Reflux Control stills.
                                      They cut off tails automatically and keep the reflux ratio optimal
                                      throughout the whole run. You can find a description of two old
                                      versions in my e-book at Harry's alcohol library.

                                      Then we have ARC with electric controls which provides extreme
                                      precision for reflux ratio controll. Several approaches for this
                                      exist. The best one I've tried so far is a combination of ARC and VM
                                      with electric controls. I have even invented automatic heads
                                      compression and removal system that when combined to ARC allows a
                                      still that gives out pure ethanol only. These things will be
                                      described in my book if Mike ever gets it edited and published.

                                      For soldering you want to use regular unleaded solver. Silver solder
                                      is not necessary unless you want to join copper to stainless steel.
                                      Again my e-book has a description of using capillary joint with
                                      collar to attach column to boiler. Although I'm using PP bucket the
                                      principle can be applied to SS vessels as well.

                                      Cheers, Riku

                                      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Peter Liddon <pliddon@...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > Thanks for the advise. I was recommended the PDA-1 many months
                                      ago when I first started researching stills.

                                      > Riku - you mentioned that the still is somewhat outdated, what
                                      would be better? From my research I thought a valved relux still
                                      with a nixon-stone offset head was the best for neutral spirits.

                                      > I have thought of making my own column, regular copper soldering I
                                      have done - is it much harder with lead free silver solder.

                                      > The various plans I have seen to connect the column to a boiler
                                      look like they might be beyond my capabilities - does anyone
                                      recommend a simple way of doing it (maybe purchase one)?

                                      > Peter.

                                    • grry_p
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 28, 2007
                                        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Clayton" <shaddow@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > Just my 2 bobs worth
                                        >
                                        > But if you are getting 70%, then diluting to around 40% what r u
                                        worrying
                                        > about?
                                        >
                                        > Just seems to be perhaps efficiency of the equipment used?
                                        >
                                        > [Puts on asbestos undies for the flames]

                                        I am not complaining about anything, if you took the time to read the
                                        post you would have noticed that he questioned their claims of
                                        producing 96% Ethanol with their stills. I simply replied with the ABV
                                        I can produce with the one I purchased from them.
                                      • stevolate
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 28, 2007
                                          Hi Garryp
                                          Don't worry others read all the thread and appreciate your comments.
                                          An honest report of your % acquired was great.

                                          Happy drinking

                                          Stevo

                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 30, 2007

                                            See there’s my point exactly.

                                            I wasn’t criticising it either, but apparently as seems standard procedure here when u don’t agree you cop abuse.

                                             I make a simple comment and get treated like im a bloody idiot and that you got ya nose so far up in the clouds that no-one can make any adverse comment about any comments made, that you are the be all and end all of the hobby.

                                            Well I spose its time I ditched these groups all together then .

                                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                                          • abbababbaccc
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 30, 2007
                                              Nope, rather it seems you have missed the point of why we want 95.6%
                                              stuff when aiming for neutral alcohol. I must admit I was too lazy
                                              to write you a proper reply (one of them RTFM issues) but here it
                                              goes:

                                              In order to get neutral alcohol that need not to be carbon filtered
                                              we need to get near the azeotropic purity. The closer we get the
                                              larger the middle cut of neutral alcohol we can take. At 95.6%
                                              purity we can typically cut at least 25-50-25. Once 95.6% is reached
                                              we can further increase the middle cut by using opyimal reflux ratio
                                              for each phase of the run and doing the usual equilibrium and heads
                                              bleed phases. As an example I once concentrated all the heads from a
                                              25 liters mash to a 50ml getting in practise all the available
                                              ethanol out of the mash.

                                              So, rather than getting offended by stupid comments I suggest you
                                              study further. After all, this is a great hobby once you get past
                                              the big words.

                                              Cheers, Riku

                                              wrote:

                                              > See there's my point exactly.
                                              >
                                              > I wasn't criticising it either, but apparently as seems standard
                                              procedure
                                              > here when u don't agree you cop abuse.
                                              >
                                              > I make a simple comment and get treated like im a bloody idiot
                                              and that you
                                              > got ya nose so far up in the clouds that no-one can make any
                                              adverse comment
                                              > about any comments made, that you are the be all and end all of
                                              the hobby.

                                              > Well I spose its time I ditched these groups all together then .

                                              > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                              29/05/2007
                                              > 1:01 PM

                                            • stevolate
                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 30, 2007
                                                Hi Shane
                                                I was thanking garryp for his reply.
                                                You commented
                                                "But if you are getting 70%, then diluting to around 40% what r u
                                                worrying about? "

                                                The off flavours of 70% can't be disguised when making pure ethanol.

                                                I distil at 95% then dilute to 45% and do a second distillation slowly
                                                collecting again at 95%. This is diluted to 50% and stored in 5 litre
                                                glass jugs with at least 40 mill of carbon in the bottom. These I
                                                store my ethanol until ready to flavour shaking the jugs often. Stored
                                                a minium now of 3 months as I want the most neutral spirit I can get.
                                                This is then filtered when I need to make up a new flavour eg Rum,
                                                Gin. This then is left for another month before it is drunk as the
                                                flavour profile changes during this time. This way you get the best
                                                product possible with no hangover and great taste.
                                                This is why when recommending 70% is ok I might comment adversely as I
                                                have had many samples given to try that were terrible. The smell
                                                before ever tasting was terrible.
                                                Sorry if you took offence.

                                                Happy drinking

                                                Stevo

                                                Message 23 of 27 , May 30, 2007
                                                  Shane,

                                                  I am too new to this hobby to have much of an opinion or input. You
                                                  assumed I was complaining about getting 70%, when in fact I am pretty
                                                  much pleased with that since I am making mostly Brandy and UJSM. The
                                                  point of my post was to let someone know about a business that at
                                                  least in my case misrepresented their product by stating that it
                                                  would produce 96.5%.

                                                  I would do the same thing if my neighbor were planning to take his
                                                  automobile to a repair shop that I had been treated poorly by.

                                                  If you are getting this type of response regularly, maybe it wouldn't
                                                  hurt to think about what you are typing before you hit send. I
                                                  personally haven't had anything but positive experience from this
                                                  group and the Home Distillers Forum.

                                                  wrote:

                                                  > See there's my point exactly.
                                                  >
                                                  > I wasn't criticising it either, but apparently as seems standard
                                                  procedure
                                                  > here when u don't agree you cop abuse.
                                                  >
                                                  > I make a simple comment and get treated like im a bloody idiot and
                                                  that you
                                                  > got ya nose so far up in the clouds that no-one can make any
                                                  adverse comment
                                                  > about any comments made, that you are the be all and end all of the
                                                  hobby.

                                                  > Well I spose its time I ditched these groups all together then .

                                                  > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                                  29/05/2007
                                                  > 1:01 PM

                                                • sonum norbu
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , May 30, 2007
                                                    For Christsake Shane, chill out. There are hundreds of people in this group, some very experienced, some novices. We all try to help.

                                                    I've been in the group for several years now and have NEVER been treated as an idiot and NEVER seen any evidence of contributers having their noses up our collective arses.

                                                    Maybe you need to do some more research, There's tons of information in Tony's book. Read it over and over again and try being a little tolerant if you get a reply that doesn't suit your exact needs.

                                                    This hobby needs to be gone into with an attitude of researching for oneself which gives on the full knowledge required. It's not the same as baking scones. :)

                                                    Finally, don't leave the group, you will lose the benefit of a lot of hard earned experience.

                                                    Blanikdog

                                                    SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
                                                    http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

                                                    Powered by Outblaze
                                                  • waljaco
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , May 30, 2007
                                                      Quite a few people have established creditable data bases over the
                                                      years for new distillers. Just look back to what was available in say
                                                      1999 and now!. Spoonfeeding is for new born babies not new distillers!
                                                      wal
                                                      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

                                                      > For Christsake Shane, chill out. There are hundreds of people in
                                                      this group, some very experienced, some novices. We all try to help.

                                                      > I've been in the group for several years now and have NEVER been
                                                      treated as an idiot and NEVER seen any evidence of contributers having
                                                      their noses up our collective arses.

                                                      > Maybe you need to do some more research, There's tons of information
                                                      in Tony's book. Read it over and over again and try being a little
                                                      tolerant if you get a reply that doesn't suit your exact needs.

                                                      > This hobby needs to be gone into with an attitude of researching for
                                                      oneself which gives on the full knowledge required. It's not the same
                                                      as baking scones. :)

                                                      > Finally, don't leave the group, you will lose the benefit of a lot
                                                      of hard earned experience.

                                                      > Blanikdog

                                                      (Shakyamuni Buddha)

                                                      > --
                                                      >
                                                      > Powered by Outblaze

                                                    • mischa_6262
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , May 31, 2007
                                                        Yeah ok np, no offence taken ill just go back under my mushroom
                                                      • toni smith
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Jun 4, 2007
                                                          seems to me that i am on many different lists for 6 years now and I've
                                                          rarely ever been offended by what people say on them. all it takes is to
                                                          sit back quietly and actually read what they are saying rather than
                                                          jumping to conclusions and taking things out of context. i have seen
                                                          many people do this on a great many different lists and yes sometimes
                                                          the poster could have worded their post a little better but often it is
                                                          the person taking a post the wrong way. personally if i find a post a
                                                          bit offensive then i just leave it for a few minutes, go back and re
                                                          read it carefully reading between the lines as well as what has actually
                                                          been said. 99.99% of the time i find that then i can question further
                                                          and find out what the poster had meant if it was badly worded.

                                                          try it, it works and also means you end up with less flame wars which no
                                                          one likes.

                                                          toni