Re: Distilling: the penultimate level

  • grry_p
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2007
      Harry there is nothing greater that you can pass on to your children
      than your history and knowledge. There isn't much that gives me more
      pleasure than passing on a love for fishing, hunting, or baseball to
      my 13 year old. And when he questions me to make sure he will someday
      inherit my portion of my grandparents farm, I realize that some of
      the things he hears actually does sink in.

      > At last I have reached this level. My Sons are now old enough to
      be
      > taught the nuances of distillation of beverages. :)
      > One boy has little interest, prefers to be a Jockey (won't argue
      > that). One boy is not quite old enough, & has other issues
      > (Asperger's), but shows a willingness.
      >
      > The eldest has a liking for homebrew whiskey (my teaching, remove
      > the mystery & therefore the penchant to screw up) and a desire to
      > make it. Hence I have set him to the chore of helping with the
      > makin's. He's also shown an interest in the fabrication side.
      I've