Re: [new_distillers] Re: over flowing

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 20 , May 4 10:02 PM
      Cunning bugger, Harry. ;)

      SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

      Powered by Outblaze
    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 20 , May 5 12:36 AM
        Next time you get a dodgy batch from a UK supplier/manufacturer let me
        know Harry! I could do with a 60 litre fermenter!
        cheers
        Rob.

        --- sonum norbu <blanik@...> wrote:

        > Cunning bugger, Harry. ;)

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sundance Creek Farm
        Message 3 of 20 , May 5 6:03 AM
          each batch was made in a different Clean container
          Message 4 of 20 , May 5 6:07 AM
            Thank you..I,ll try the lemon juice on this next batch,I hate wasting all that sugar..At $11.99 a bag it gets expensive.,the yeast was turbo from Brewhaus..Gord in BC
            Message 5 of 20 , May 5 6:10 AM
              I,ll look at brewhaus for the m10..maybe fibre mite help his omnipotence but them porcupines can tear u a new one..

              Gord in BC
              Message 6 of 20 , May 5 6:16 AM

                same yeast same ammt of sugar and water,,I,m heading for my farm today and they have a tree called "the peeing tree"
                Its an old cottonwood tree with a creek beside it.The locals (yrs ago) had put a pipe in the creek ..up the mt.. and then tied/lashed/nailed it to the tree..The tree has since grown and the pipe stick out like an "appendage"..it looks like it's peeing.This water has no flouride and no chlorine.Tastes great and these folks have been using as a water source for generations.I,m told they r also regular .
                Message 7 of 20 , May 5 6:22 AM
                  the sugar is added 2 about 2 gal of warm water,,Then stirred til I can,t feel any with the stirrer..Then the water is added (cold) then stirred again..Then the yeast,,This reaction doesnt start for 2 maybe 3 days.I noticed this morning that this  second batch has stopped frothing.unlike the previous batch.Yesterday i took the airlock out and loosened the lid,Seems to have calmed down alot..Looks like I mite be able 2 salvage some of this batch if it stays calm.
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 5 6:25 AM
                    Thanx Harry>.maybe thats what happened here..Brewhaus was quick to offer a refund,,No worries,,I,ll just do a nother with the new,labled yeast,

                    Thanx again
                    Gord