Stills for essential oil production

  • jennsbellamiaskin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hi All:
      I'm Jenn and new to the list here and would like to know which and
      where to find the right stills for home making essential oils from
      plant matter. I know there are some out there but which ones for which
      type of distilling ? Don't need alcohol distillery, just for plants
      and don't know if they are one in the same type. Any help is much
      appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Jenn in Oregon
    • sylvania65
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        FH Steinbarts in Portand sells a essential oil still - "SUPER REFLUX
        OIL EXTRACTOR". Haven't seen it or know much about it, so I can't really recommend it.

        http://www.fhsteinbart.com/

        You should probably do some reading before you buy anything, tho. If
        you follow this link and poke around, you can learn a lot, but you kind of have to ignore
        the hype and the new-agey woo-woo.

        http://www.heartmagic.com/EssentialDistiller.html
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soxhlet_extractor  is a bit more explanatory w/o trying
        to sell you anything.