Re: Cooling Fins?

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
      In my oppinion, no, it wouldn't. Yes, you will get some condensation
      along the inside surface of the column where the fins are, but that
      would not be a good situation (IMO). The function of the reflux coil
      is not only to condense the vapor into ethanol, but to "direct" the
      condensed ethanol to the CENTER of the packing for proper reflux. If
      it runs down the side of the column, it will not come in contact with
      the rising hot vapors in the packing, therefore not being re-heated
      by those vapors, and not drawing energy (heat)from them, thus helping
      them to seperate into different fractions. HTH.

      Tip one, Morgan (just full of oppinions today, aren't I)

      Falling down the center of the column of life, encountering rising
      stars, and pulling them down with me!

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...>