Re: Sealing issues?

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
      Hi Easy,
      First, let me say you're not giving us enough info, but not knowing
      what I'm talking about fully has never held me back before, so, here
      goes. The first thing that comes to mind is, your whiskey is
      to "young". It takes a few weeks for the water you deluted your whiskey
      with to fully mix with the ethanol.
      That being said, now we come to the "info" part. Did you delute your
      product with water, or did you distill all the way out to an average of
      60%? If you did the latter, your whiskey is still young, but you may
      have other issues. What may be collecting on the lid is higher
      alchohols evaporating out of the still volitile mixture. Either way,
      don't worry, it's not uncommon. JMSO.
      Tip one, Morgan

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "easythreesix"