Re: Newbie With Questions

  • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2007
      Questions?

      1. As big as you like. Bigger it is the longer the runs you'll get
      before you have to refill. You realise you may not need a pressure
      cooker but just a well sealed container.

      2. If you are going to use copper pipe a compression bulkhead union
      should work well. Try http://tinyurl.com/3alrsr and look at the bulkhead
      union. I use them with my thermometer (probe type) as well after I rig
      it with some silicone inside a short length of nylon tube.

      3. No problem as long as the base makes good contact with it.

      4. 1/2" should be Ok to use. Although it is fairly big. Use plyable as
      Hard drawn is a bit*h to work with otherwise it doesn't matter either
      way.

      5. The bigger (longer) it is the better the cooling but it should also
      be practical. You're using a fair sized tubing so it won't coil up
      really tight. Not a problem though, just don't kink it.

      Thumper: You could use Bulkhead fittings again on just about any sort of
      material container you like including glass jar lids. The nice thing
      about using glass though is you can monitor the level in it at all
      times.
      Leigh